High-Efficiency Toilet Rebate
A change to High-Efficiency Toilets (HET) can reduce toilet water use by over 50% and indoor water use by an average of 16%. This translates into a savings of 15,000 to 20,000 gallons per year for a family of four.
North Marin Water District rebates up to $125 per High-Efficiency Toilet (HET) and up to $200 per Ultra High-Efficiency Toilet (UHET) when customers change their non-water conserving toilets (Pre 1993). These rebate amounts were recently increased during this drought period for eligible toilet purchases.
Residential toilet rebate eligibility includes:
- Owning a dwelling within the Novato or West Marin service area constructed prior to 1992.
- Calling in for a pre-installation qualification.
- Installation of HETs on the EPA WaterSense labeled High-Efficiency Toilet (HET) List.
- Installation of UHETs on the NMWD Qualified UHET List 2023.
Commercial CII toilet rebate eligibility includes:
- Owning a Commercial, Industrial or Institutional dwelling within the Novato or West Marin service area.
- Agreeing to a brief pre-installation inspection or pre-qualification phone call.
- HETs eligible for rebate must be on the EPA WaterSense Labeled High-Efficiency Toilet List.
- UHETs eligible for rebate must be on the NMWD Qualified UHET List 2023.
For more details on how to apply for these rebates and program requirements, please review the rebate applications.
Applications for toilet rebate: