New and Upgraded Water Services Residential/Commercial
For new and upgraded water service requests and inquiries, please use the online submission form linked below to allow for proper review and processing of your specific water service needs.
For Developer/Commercial Projects, please contact our Engineering Services Representative at 415-761-8935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs)
Connection fees (FRC) are required for ADUs in the circumstances described below:
- Detached: All ADUs greater than 1,200 SF or ADUs less than 1,200 SF if new construction results in an expanded footprint on the property. Note that a 150 SF expansion of a detached ADU will not trigger a connection fee so long as said expansion is limited solely to accommodating ingress/egress.
- Attached: If the ADU is greater than 50% of the square footage of the primary dwelling or if the ADU is created by adding square footage to an existing structure after the application for service to the primary dwelling. Note the 150 SF allowance stated above applies herein.
- The applicant requests a separate meter or service line for the ADU.
No connection fees (FRC) are required for the ADUs listed below (following approval by the City or County wherein located) unless the applicant has requested a separate meter or service line for the ADU:
- An ADU within the existing space of a single-family dwelling.
- An ADU within the existing space of an accessory structure (which may include an expansion of not more than 150 square feet beyond the same physical dimensions as the existing accessory structure, provided that the expansion shall be limited to accommodating ingress and egress).
- An ADU within the proposed space of a new single-family dwelling.
Consult our ADU flow chart to see if your project requires connection fees (FRC)