West Marin Service Area Drought Is Over
The drought is officially over at North Marin Water District with ample rainfall this year and full water supply levels both locally and regionally. The North Marin Water District Board took action on April 4th, 2023 to rescind Emergency Water Conservation Ordinance No. 39. We want to thank our West Marin Service Area customers for responding to the water conservation mandates during the last three years but also remind customers that using water efficiently is always needed and appreciated. Also a reminder that water waste prohibitions remain in effect at all times (permanently) through District Regulation 17, Section B. Below is a list of water waste prohibitions remaining in effect. As we update the website over the next week to address these changes, please check back for updates.
Summary of Water Waste Prohibitions for the West Marin Service Area:
- Permitting water to escape down a gutter, ditch or other surface drain.
- Irrigation which allows excessive runoff or unreasonable overspray.
- Failure to repair a controllable leak of water within a reasonable time.
- Using water for non-recycling decorative fountains or single-pass cooling systems.
- Washing down exterior hard surface areas.
- Washing cars, boats, trailers or other vehicles and machinery directly with a hose not equipped with a shutoff nozzle
For the full text of the prohibitions, please refer to Regulation 17, Section B.
For all customer questions and comments regarding the current drought water waste prohibitions or to report a violation, please contact the District’s Water Conservation Hotline at (415) 761-8944 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.